FCB1010 EDP MIDI thru problem?

Hey folks...

Just searched through the archives to see if I'm the only one who's
experienced this odd problem... apparently I am (yikes!!)

I'm using the Behringer FCB1010 to control a pair of EDP's using midi note
on/off info.
If I connect the FCB1010 midi out directly into the EDP's midi in,
everything works fine...
But if the midi out from the FCB1010 first goes into one of the midi
devices
(multi fx) in my rack, then I use the device's midi thru to feed the EDP,
the EDP doesn't respond and will sometimes do strange things like go into
parameter mode when I try and send a note message...

I can't believe this is happening! And it's driving me crazy... help!!!

Any ideas? Anyone? Please??

Glenn Fin