Re: EDP/loop5 softie wish (was: The EDP as Slave (was: EDP isfantastic!!!!!))

On 04-01-26 07.31,  "Kim Flint" <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know where I can find a nipple clamp that fits the feedback
>knob?

He, he... Well, what I REALLY want is Logic as slave ;-)  but since I
upgraded the studio from PC/WinXP to Mac G5/OS10.3.2 Logic simply refuses
take on the slave role. That kind of kicked me into having it the other way
around. And the good thing with slaving EDP is that you can create bass
lines by punching in notes ("sustitute insert") before going into
HalfSpeed.
If I should do that with EDP as master I would as well have the tempo cut
down to half speed, which is not what you might like all the time. So this
lead me to post this humble wish for any eventual future EDP software
upgrade to let us go into HalfSpeed without changing the Midi Clock tempo
sent out.

Actually I would prefer this as an option. I'd like to see a menu that
let's
you chose between (1) Midi Clock following HalfSpeed or (2) Midi Clock
keeping it up during HalfSpeed (he, he... staying on topic here ;-)

It's nice to play cut-up styled with the EDP but when this forces you to
run
it in slave mode you loose out on spontaneity IMHO. On the other hand, with
EDP as master you can start out a concert by just hitting any note without
too much planning, because you know that whatever you do all midi gear will
follow your EDP.

--
Best wishes

Per Boysen