RE: Echoplex and MIDI out

Allow me to simplify this whole question a bit. I've got a guy wanting to
buy my Repeater and I need to know this EDP will do the basics of what I do
with my live act before I send the repeater away.

1. I've recorded some loops and the are playing. How do I stop (not mute)?

        1a. When I've done whatever the answer to 1. is, does it send a
SongStop, regardless of whether the EDP is a sync master or sync slave?

2. Once I've stopped the loop as describe above, can I restart it without
re-recording? How?

I must be a real simpleton, but the lack of "stop" and "play" buttons
throws
me a little not having my hands on the box to sort it out.

Thanks,

Paul