Gear of yore [was RE: 16 second delay reissue a reality]

My first recording setup was a dual-cassette jambox with the same sort
of mic-in mixing arrangement.  You could record onto one cassette, put
that one in the playback-only deck, do a live overdub onto a second
cassette, and repeat until noise overwhelmed everything.  I had one of
those mini-casio keyboards with a rhythm machine built in and a Rockman
for my guitar.   I also used the jambox as my guitar monitor when I was
practicing...

TravisH