new kind of audio processing

Hi old friends !

After 10 years of writing LOOP software for the EDP, I needed to do
something else. But it's still loop related: looping asks single note
oriented sound processing !

Andy Butler and Bernhard Wagner and my smart nephew Johnny Schmid
gathered to create a line of software effects with this new vision.
Get the feel of it from the first product out: A VST plugin about
pitch changing:

if you play simple or ethnic instruments, you hardly have one for
each tuning. And sometimes the music is already up when you feel like
using the instrument - out of tune. Use Chopitch to tune it in!

if you play the guitar, you probably want to use it for bass lines,
too. Use Chopitch to tune it down an octave or two...

if the big drum you would like to play does not fit into your room,
car or stage, use a small drum and make it huge with Chopitch.

if you like the groove of some loop, especially drum loops (DJs!),
but find its sound boring, give it a new dress with Chopitch.

But Chopitch can do a lot more than delay free and glitch free pitch down.
It processes each note separately:
give it a new pitch shape - which can depend on your playing
change its duration
make it disappear - and ring out the previous note instead
give it a new attack with a quick pitch-in
clean your loop or
heavily modify a loop's impulse, melodic, sound and even rhythmic content.

Built in Feedback and/or small amounts of pitch modulation create new
sounds of the chorus/flanger family and amazing resonances.
At last, check to Mix back in the original sound, it may safe you
from exagerating...

Chopitch is useful in several configurations:

Use it in the input track to modify your recording in real time
without delay. It's interactive, so you end up playing differently
when you hear the result immediately

Create a funky noise (maybe together with filters and and other
effects on a separate track) and add it to color or emphasize the
original recording

Chopitch is very processor economic! Put multiple Chopitches on
inserts to mix several tunings/sounds

So far, you can download Chopitch for free at http://www.chopitch.com !

Please type any comment or critics into our forum at http://forum.grob.org
If you put your impression expressively, we may ask you to quote you
on the choptich site, with a link to wherever you want.
If you create a sample sound for our site, we also honor it with a
free registration for the commercial version.

Have fun and inspiration!
Matthias
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org