Re: CD legal settlement

I'm doing a cartoon about this as we play and/or type.  One idea we tossed
up has to do with everyone who gets a check putting them all in a fund to
help those being sued by the RIAA.

Steve Goodman
* Hidden Track
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack

>      About a year or so ago, there was some talk on this list of the
>class
action type suit being
> filed against the big CD manufacturers and labels for price fixing on
CD's.  I filed a claim at
> MusicCDSettlement.com and lo and behold, today I received a check for
$13.86.  The oddest part of
> this whole thing is that I think I have only purchased 1 CD from a store
in my entire life.  They
> never even asked.
>
>      I suppose that this whole thing now gets the big boys off the hook
for screwing us all
> royally.
>
>      "It is a pleasure to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion
and to return value to
> consumers who purchased CD's while the challenged pricing policies were
>in
effect.