Re: repeater in FX loop

On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 11:03  pm, Per Boysen wrote:

> When I'm playing guitar with my Repeater I use to leave my Sovtek tube
> top
> and cabinet behind and use a guitar preamp with a mixer instead. That
> way I
> can get a lot more routing options for looping.
>
> Tube amp sound is great but I've never come up with a way to combine
> it with
> looping devices. I've been using real amps on big tours with ok
> backline and
> in the studio, but not for looping.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Per Boysen
> --
> www.boysen.se
> www.looproom.com

Thanks for that, Per. I used to have a stereo preamp based rack setup,
but I'm trying to be much more compact and portable these days, just
carrying around a 2-unit rack bag plus amp and FCB. I suppose I'm
trying to create a versatile setup which will work for both looping and
'straight' scenarios.  As you say, perhaps this isn't possible with a
tube amp, at least not via the FX loop. For the moment, I will probably
use my POD in bypass mode as a preamp/line driver, and just run
everything directly into the amp.

cheers

Paul