Re: Recording on a Powerbook

>After years of being a Windows users, I'm jumping ship and getting a Mac;
>15" PowerBook.

I just got the same P-book you're getting. I think you'll love it.
One suggestion: Add more RAM. I have 768 MB, but I may max it out(1
GB?) at some point. I've also been advised to consider getting an
external HD (Lacie high-speed drives are highly recommended) that
would be dedicated to audio.

>  One of my primary uses it to record digital audio.  I'm
>looking for suggestions on how to connect a mic / guitar to the laptop.

I'm in the exact same boat you are, and I'm asking the same
questions. One person highly recommended Emagic's Logic Pro, but it's
more than $500. It lists at $999, but I haven't seen what the street
price is. But it certainly appears to be well worth the dough, esp.
if you're in this for the long-term. The way I look at it, it's a
one-time purchase.

Jeff