From: lol c [mailto:testtubemicro@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 7:19 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: Boss DD-20-Frome a newbie

  HI Mike

I think that ind of new age sludge you are looking for could be created by
turning the volume control of your guitar all the way off, then playing the
note you want to drop into the loop, just before turning the volume back up
in a smooth motion, this way there is no attack to the notes so they sound
more synthy, try playing into your pedal, the root note, hold it till you
hear it coming back at you in the loop, then add the octave of this note
but
only hold it for a short time, (the appearence f this note as it  loops
will
give you an idea of the timeing that you are playing to, then begin
dropping
in harmonics 5ths 7ths , what ever your mind fancys, then close the loop
and
begin soloing!!!!!

good luck dude,
let us all know how your getting on, and welcome to this crayzee world of
looping, your time and money will never be the same again!!

Phill Wilson

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger