Hardware Loopers--Tools or Collector's items?

As a former owner of an edp owner and a current repeater owner, I'm
wondering if the handwriting is on the wall for hardware loopers.  I
recently downloaded AudioMulch and Ellotronix XL(both free!) and was
impressed by what I could do.  While they don't have the same capabilites
as the edp and repeater, they are equally powerful in their own way. I
recently sold my edp, and now I notice there's a repeater on ebay with
bids currently at $1000, more than twice what I paid for mine:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3709681015&category=38070&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

So I'm thinking, should I sell my repeater? Have hardware loopers become
valuble collector's items while software loopers are becoming more
powerful musician's tools?  My guitar isn't worth more than a month's
rent--should my looper be?
---
Art Simon
http://art.simon.tripod.com