De:     Steve Goodman [SMTP:spgoodman@earthlight.net]
Date:   dimanche 21 mars 2004 02:24
À:      Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Objet:  Re: C'est What?

Okay, I'll top-post too.

Recently the email filter at Greatbasin has blocked subjects of:

-- E-mail account security warning.
-- Notify about using the e-mail account.
-- Warning about your e-mail account.
-- Important notify about your e-mail account.
-- Email account utilization warning.
-- Notify about your e-mail account utilization.
-- E-mail account disabling warning.

I wouldn't call that "badly-designed" nor "anti-virus scripting".  Also I
see only one notice of a bounce, together with one for something else:

>spgoodman@earthlight.net
>    (reason: 553 5.5.3 The subject of your message is commonly used by the
Bagel virus. We are temporarily blocki...top this worm. Please change the
subject line of your email and resend. Thank you for your patience.)
>pg@patrickgrant.net
>    (reason: 579 message content is not acceptable here)

Sounds a little more complicated than what you say it is, actually.

> nope, just you. badly designed anti-virus script on your server bounces
> legit emails.
> kim
>
> At 02:35 PM 3/20/2004, Steve Goodman wrote:
> >"Your mail address spgoodman@earthlight.net has been removed
> >It generated an excessive amount of bounced mails."
> >
> >Now, I know that my carrier fairadsl.co.uk had a few problems today, but
> >also haven't been getting ANYTHING from the LD list today, prior to the
> >downage this afternoon (morning your time in CA).  And my last message
> >the list was on the 9th, about a previously-proposed London Looping show
> >(still wondering why no responses to THAT one).
> >
> >Anyone else have this happen?

> Kim Flint                     | Looper's Delight
> kflint@loopers-delight.com    | http://www.loopers-delight.com

application/ms-tnef