Re: Roland Space Echo and Loopers Delight

Title: Re: Roland Space Echo and Loopers Delight
At 2:27 PM -0700 4/10/04, loop.pool wrote:

Our first 'looping' gig (not to be repeated for another decade) was on a bill with list member Dr. Richard Zvonar
and Bob Beede ( an electronic mentor of mine).

     I honestly hadn't heard of the whole San Francisco tape center at the time and though I had
listened to Terry Riley, I had no idea that he had done a lot of seminal experimenting with looping.

Bob and I were performing with tape delays at Cabrillo College during 1975-77. We'd usually thread the tape between two TASCAM 4-tracks and sometimes we'll feed each playback channel to its own speaker in a quad system.

We were both familiar with Terry Riley's and Pauline Oliveros's use of delays and were consciously taking off from their work.

The terms "minimal music" or "minimalism were not in our vocabulary. We preferred "pattern music."

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com