OT: Acoustic Instrument Combo Amplifier Recommendations

Dear all,

        Well, moving in stranger directions, I've just acquired a new lap
dulcimer
with a piezo dot pickup that when connected with effects (or by itself) to
my current tubed combo amp certain strummed harmonics will cause my older
Carvin Mesa Boogie clone to try and put both of the channels on at once
(signal may be too hot, as it does this with a L5 clone with RMC's in it,
too) and this occurs whether it is in the Hi or Lo jack.  If anyone can
recommend a good, roadworthy solid state or even tube acoustic instrument
combo amp, I'd appreciate it.

        Hopefully this post of a question won't create as much tension as
my last
one for didgeridoo how-to's and suggestions for miking.

        By the by, the lap dulcimer in question is called "With Wings" off
of Tom
Yocky's website, http://cp.ezhost4less.net/~tomyocky/index1.html
http://cp.ezhost4less.net/~tomyocky/photoarchive/with%20wings/with-wings.htm

        Thanks again!