Re: OT: Acoustic Instrument Combo Amplifier Recommendations

I haven't found any acoustic instrument combos that I can get genuinely
enthusiastic about, but the Trace Elliot 100 or 50R are very workable.
I've got a Strawberry Blonde (the single channel version of California
Blonde), and it's nice, but the preamp is a bit noisy and it doesn't
have graphic eq or a notch for feedback issues.  Also, the spring
reverb is better than nothing, but not much else.  I've also got a
Tech21 Bronzewood, but I can't say anything good about it other than it
looks neat.

I've found it better to use a preamp that you like (I favor the Tech21
Acoustic DI or the Yamaha AG Stomp) and then use a clean powered
monitor speaker.

TravisH