Deejays, please give your contribute !

 >Per Boysen wrote:
 >Yes, it's actually a bit bizarre that we, as musicians, should come up
with a name for the style of music we do.

Ok,
as a long time member of LD, I think I read about this need of labelling
what we do since maybe year number one.
( I still think an instrument - the looper - cannot be involved in the
name of a style)
So,
I think that with Per's comment we've finally came up to an important
point:
we maybe have to put ourselves out of this discussion and provide the
music, the thoughts and the *movement* to people who are going to be the
ones who actually *use* the definition we're trying to reach.
Djs ? Journalists ?
Are we able to agree on 10/15 text lines that express what we want to
give a name to ?
Are we able to collect 7/10 songs that could touch and set the different
borders in between our "style" moves ?
Are we able to send this package to the journalists and Djs we know and
ask them for a feedback ?

We also have some deejays here (Mike Hansen, Bill Fox), why don't you
give us an helpful tip ?

Shame on me if I put my wrong 2 cents on it but, once again, this
discussion is looping on itself showing our irresistible attitude.... ;-)

luca
www.unguitar.com