Re: "Live Looping in italy con Alice"

Hi Robby,
I was with Steve Jansen a few weeks ago, he toured with Alice, whose
work I know well.
She has always been curious to involve "different" musicians in her set
up ( beside you and Steve, see Trey Gunn and others...).
Unfortunately she is the only one who can be considered as a mainstream
pop musician who is doing this.
I always ask to myself why  italian mainstream music makers never think
to *Use* the different alphabets/languages which are available from the
"underground" music scene.
Maybe, once again, there will be more chances to collaborate with
deejays or, for us italians, to dive into our home pool and play like it
was an ocean.
One question which is coming back after more than 20 years of playing
(ouch !) is: does the public for these languages exist ?
We'd need to live a 2nd cultural (r)evolution as in the 60/70's to get
some interest maybe.
So our way of playing (or tools, if that would be conceptual) would be
the soundtrack to something.
Our purpose happens in a moment of no cultural excitement/interest.
I don't want to start any social consideration about our time, but
remember we're not saying anything, we're just passively complaining
about all the things that happen around us.
I don't want to offend anyone who is social active, I'm talking about
the social condition in which an art movement is living.
I'll always remember a friend after a very annoying and arrogant show
saying: "I have nothing to say when I play, I have no message, don't
want to tell anything".
Do you feel like one of these ???
Not me....
music on: