art rock recommendations?

Somehow I completely missed out on the whole
Henry Cow/Art Bears phenomenon.   I think I was really sick of
prog rock at the time that they started making records so I foolishly
dismissed them
without ever even hearing them.   Ahhhhh, the follies of youth.

Anyway,  a good friend of mine from this list, the looping
trumpeteer/singer/multi-instrumentalist, George Demarest
highly recommended that I check out Chris Cutler, the innovative drummer
with some of those groups (who he just saw
perform in Boston)  and I realized that I knew nothing about the whole
scene
and wondered if anyone here would
give me a desert Island disc list of 3-5 CDs that they think are the best
of
this group of people.

Any Henry Cow/Art Bears fans out there who want to initiate a newbie?

eagerly anticipating a reply,   Rick