Re: Using Samplers with loopers live (akai mpc1000 or laptop?)

>  Paolo Valladolid [mailto:paolovalladolid@yahoo.com] wrote:
>
>  I'm also interested in what responses you get, Luis.
>  I have an Apple iBook which which I performed live
>  once, but it proved to be underpowered for running
>  most FM7 patches.
>
>  I'm specifically interested in comparisons of the Akai
>  MPC series vs. laptop running Ableton Live.
>
>  Paolo

Yeah - I have no idea what is better - computer or sampler.
One big issue for me though is that whatever I sample, it will be connected
to a Master Clock because other members in the band will use live samplers
too.
I am also wondering what the new AKAI Z8 can do. I like the fact that it
has
8 outs, so you can mix yourself while playing. So no overdubbing...
One other thing - is there actually a way to get the time (bpm) of a
drummer
who plays triggers, but doesn't want to play to a click?
Regards,

Nikolai