EDP Reflections...

I did a lot of thinking before deciding to let go
of my EDP.  My first modern looper was a DL4.  Once
I figured that out I wanted more and bought a
'rang.  That was nice but I wanted more features and
better sound.  So the EDP was there for the purchasing
so I dove in.

The EDP is so nicely implemented, and the audio is
amazing.  I do a lot of work directly into headphones
and the sound of the EDP never let me down... maybe I
mean the lack of a sound because it is very transparent.

If you read my auction listing I touched on a few opinions
I have of the EDP.  But what really stands out to me is
that there isn't a scaled down version available.  I can
see a real niche for a box with maybe 60 seconds of loop
time, multiply, undo, reverse, and maybe the option to have
a second loop.  As much capability as it has, I would have
been happy with that as a feature set, built into a stomp
box.  I'm sure that it comes off as heresy to some, but that
would be a really cool device in my book.

So, I'm going back to a simple pedal that can be part of my
pedalboard, and some time in the near future I will loop
the sound of me kicking myself in my own arse for selling
my EDP ;)  but until then, I really enjoyed the ride.

Pete