Line 6 DL4 problem

Hello--has anyone had a problem with the Line 6 DL4,
specifically using an expression pedal?  I'm using my
Ernie Ball stereo volume/pan pedal and, after a few
times switching between the two delay settings, the
pedal has no effect.  When I switch presets, it works
again, but then the same thing happens.  The fading
also doesn't seem to be consistent, though it's hard
to tell.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?
The only thing I can think of is that the Line 6 pedal
is specially designed for the DL4 (and the other
pedals in the line).
Thanks in advance...

=====
Matt Herman