Re: what's everybody doing with Ableton Live?

On 04-04-22 09.18,  "Tom Rex" <tomrex1@cox.net> wrote:

> I guess that's about as far as I've gotten.  What about you?  Where have
>you
> taken Live, or where has it taken you?  I know that Per uses it a lot,
>and
> shared some in the last few days with the discussion thread that's been
> going on.

Mostly I'm just using Live, in session mode, as a software mixer/patch-bay
in combination with the RME Multiface soundcard. Then I have hardware
loopers and analogue effects connected as outboards to the break-out  box
while automizing Live session mixer and the loopers from midi foot
controller while playing.

But I've done a little traditional music producing in Live.

http://www.boysen.se/studio/00_01_2004_live.mp3

 A quick track I did to try out "step sequencing" in Live 3.0. No drum
loops
used, only single drum hits that I looped on 16ths. Then I used clip
envelopes to "step sequence" beats. I got so inspired by this technique so
did the same with the syth lines. No synths used either, only short slices
from the preachermans voice. Looped them, tuned them, and used clip
envelopes to create melodies with "step sequencing". Clip envelope
"transpose" for melody and clip envelope "volume" for the timing. Just
writing it in there with the pen tool using the mouse ;-)

http://www.boysen.se/nodenrecordings/04_Modern_Mistakes.mp3
Another track completely assembled in Live. The talking drum was recorded
in
Live during a tracking session when the drummer played all the time while I
was recording and looping his playing in Live. A very rewarding method to
record percussion. The speaker was recorded acapella and then I put his
phrases on clips.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
--