Re: EH 16sec delay reissue update

On Apr 22, 2004, at 9:42 AM, burnett@pobox.com wrote:
> According to what I heard from Electro-Harmonix yesterday, they've
> taken
> over 400 preorders so far for the EH 16sec delay reissue which, again
> as
> of yesterday, is shipping at the end of June. Since the reissue is
> limited to 1000, if you haven't pre-ordered you might want to.

well, i've said it once and i'll say it again.

it seems as though the corporations which make the devices we use are
either cruel or stupid. EH has decided in it's infinite wisdom to limit
the EH240 (240 seconds of delay) to 1000 pcs, even though it's already
almost half-way sold out before it's own release. Gibson has decided to
stiff itself for the production of the Blackface EDP, despite the fact
that every one of them has been sold or spoken for. Electrix shot
itself in the foot by listening to it's marketing department too much.
Line6's loopers are definitely useable yet crippled. Funny enough
Roland seem to make the coolest looper currently purchaseable, for
reasons which i do not completely understand; i believe the DD-20 was
an "happy accident".

I am looking forward to Matthias finishing his work for the Chameleon
and selling it to us.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com