From: Per Boysen [mailto:per@boysen.se]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 1:26 AM
To: Loopers
Subject: Re: what's everybody doing with Ableton Live?

> On 04-04-22 09.18,  "Tom Rex" <tomrex1@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> I guess that's about as far as I've gotten.  What about you?  Where have
you
>> taken Live, or where has it taken you?  I know that Per uses it a lot,
and
>> shared some in the last few days with the discussion thread that's been
>> going on.
>

> Mostly I'm just using Live, in session mode, as a software
>mixer/patch-bay

Oops, I forgot that right now I'm actually using Live as a "plug-in" to
Logic, running it as a ReWire slave. Normally I'm more interested in
playing
music and making it up I go, improvising. But at the moment I'm producing a
bunch of recordings to go with a cd and then I have to plan things in
advance etc. I think Live is excellent as a kind of sketchboard for this.
When you have the major tracks recorded in Logic - like vocals, bass and a
simple drum track - just ReWire Live and use Live to browse your
loop/sample
library for ideas. If library files are kept trancuated as full bars Live
will time-stretch correctly even for the preview function.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
--
www.boysen.se