RE: EDP multitap feature

There is a way (though not all that elegent without a lot of effort on your part) for loop backup you could use a recorder to save your loops to. What it lacks is a marker for start record end record I suppose that could be fixed or maybe there is some other way to get that. I suppose with a little MIDI editing we could use the same mechanism to load a stored loop but you would have to have some MIDI recording and editing features so, this might be the job of a Laptop?

Ah the display, as time marches on I think a bigger more distinct display could be handy (the age factor ;D )

Here's a trivia type question was the code for the EDP writen in C or Assembler?

From: Travis Hartnett [mailto:tiktok@sprintmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 12:00 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: EDP multitap feature

Well, the "easy" way is to use one of the many boxes which offers tap delay, where you have independent control of the delay time and feedback for each tap, but the problem with both of these solutions is that there's a shortage of delay units that offer the sort of delay time I'd want for this application (8+ seconds), and it's cumbersome to set up. You could always set 3 EDP's up this way too.

I think this is the sort of thing that'd have to wait until a new hardware platform for the Loop software evolves. On the next EDP I'd like to see a large LCD display (something along the lines of the tc D2/M1/G-Force) so that you could simultaneously monitor a variety of parameters--loop time, where you are in the loop, feedback level, any commands waiting for the lame duck period to finish, number of loops with material in them, etc. This sort of display would make it easier to program things like multi-tap loop. It'd be nice if this next generation EDP had a memory card reader for loop backup, but I'm not sure how available any media is going to be after ten or twenty years.

TravisH