Re: Re: new EDP features

Ok. here is my new dream EDP features.

Just to explain the background to this, I oftern think of EDP as a musical
version of Photoshop, meaning that a lot of the tools that are available
for
sound in one are available for visual in the other, I often think of this
Visual/Aural paradigm when I am trying to figure out HOW to do what I want
to do.

anyhow, the feature that I could use the most is the ability to put a LOCK
onto recorded material at a certain stge  then Hold that bit at the same
level etc, whilst I add,layer and fade out different bits over it ( if you
cant imagine this, heres an example of what I currantly use to simulate
this, I play the part I want tokeep as my constant , lets say guitar beats
and scrapes plus a riff, into the EDP, I then close the Loop and fiddle
about with the digidelays delay time till its looping more of less in
synch
with the edps rythem I can now layer semi-temporys sub-loops in the
digidelay that do repete for a whie but can also fade out leaving the
other
track in tact) , I dont know if any currant looper can do this, it woudl
be
a cool feature if one did. also this locking that I dream of would mean
that
i coudl play the aformentioned rhythem section bits, hold it there, the
play
my verse chords on loop1, then when I jumped to loops2 that underlying
loop
woud keep copying there along with the chorus chords too, but not the
verse
chords as would happen now.

of course there are always work arounds for these in currant situations,
but
hey we can always dream.

Phill Wilson

PS I will of course write more of my ideas if I get time.

Express yourself with cool new emoticons
http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo