PERCUSSION LOOPING setups/philosophy/techniques/learning concepts

I had an idea for a new thread that I would love to read the responses to:

I thought it would be cool for all the looping percussionists (and those
who
augment their live shows with subsidiary percussion/drums
 to share (in this format for future referencing)

1)  Their equipment setup

2)  Their rhythmic philosophy or approach to using looping

3)  Some favorite tricks or techniques that they use in their live shows

4)  Any thoughts on how to use live looping tools to increase rhythic
acuity

respectfully submitted,
Rick