RE: PERCUSSION LOOPING setups/philosophy/techniques/learning concepts

Matt,

I’m playing my Boss DR. 550 as audio in on my Korg MS2000 synth.

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PROD_NO=MS2000

http://emusician.com/ar/emusic_korg_ms/

It can then be processed in the same way as the internal waveforms, with all of its knobs, and buttons, or you can use the vocoder function, and play the keys, etc, while your drum machine is cooking away!  All in all, it creates a nice layered, evolving soundscape.

Tom