Re: PERCUSSIONISTS who loop in public

>I was updating a mailing list of mine tonight and decided for the hey of
>it
>to try and see how many people I was in contact with who are
>percussionists
>or
>drummers who loop live, either solo or with groups, since that is what I
>do
>in my performances.
>
>Here is a partial list of those that I know.

interesting work, Rick!

>4) some who are primarily melodic loopers who use beatboxing in their live
>shows:
>
>Andrew Chaiken (aka Kid Beyond)
>Hans Lindauer
>Per Boysen
>Michael Shieffel

spelling is Schiefel http://schiefel.de/
about the most incredible singer I have heard, a true master in all
three areas: voice / musical knowledge / unique two EDP use

I would like to mention the two percussion loopers of Salvador/Brasil:

Bira Reis and Giba Conceicao both use the basic functions of the EDP
to layer their big range of instruments. Sometimes dancy, sometimes
odd.
More infos and music on my site:
http://matthias.grob.org/pMusic/CDsE.htm#aroni
--