Re: EDP phase inversion...

Jesse,

I think most software programs have some sort of utility to invert the
phase of audio files.  I know Logic Audio have a phase inverter plug-in.

Of course this doesn't help with the "why," but you could at least
double your parts without phase cancellation.

Matt

Jesse Ray Lucas wrote:
I mentioned this before, but no one seemed to care.
I notice that whatever audio I put into the EDP is phase inverted when
it's recorded and looped.  I can see the inversion when I record EDP
stuff on my computer.  Is this phase inversion intentional?  If so, why?
  Sometimes I want to double a part in unison to add thickness to it,
but the notes sort of cancel each other out between what I play and
what's coming out of the EDP so it ends up being weaker.
Has anyone else witnessed this phenomenon, or is it something else in my
signal chain that is causing it?  Or maybe just my EDP?

-J

--
www.finleysound.com/kingnever