Re: asynchronous loops?

Hi Jeff,

> Once I have a loop (let's say 30 seconds), can I add new loops that
> cycle independently (say 23.5s, and 41.2s) thereby creating an abstract
> polyrhythm? Or will the 23.5s loop have to get 6.5s added to it to to
> sync with the original 30s one?

I only have my EDP for one week now. But Im trying to explain.
It depends on what you mean by loops.
The EDP has 9 different loops. Which you can alter. Those Loops can be as
long as you want. No problem. (you can also quantize those)

But if you talk of polyrhythms you probably mean the Overdub/Multiply
feature of the EDP. With Multiply can mix the original loop with an new
phrase (its not called loop actually, but its a loop). This new "loop" can
be as long as you want. If you set the right settings, this loops quantizes
to the original loop. You can do it with and without quantize.
Polyrhythms are no problem at all.

Hope this helped a bit.

Greetings Jens.