Re:Pitch Shifter again, BOSS OC-3, anyone?

     Per,

     I have not tried the Boss OC-3.  Though I do have a Boss PS-5 Super
Shifter.  This baby will
shift your pitch up or down in fixed amounts of M2nd, m3rd, M3rd, 4th,
5th, 8ve, and double 8ve.
And this is one of 5 modes it has.  There's also an intellegent pitch
shifter (harmonizer) with
user definable keys to choose from, a detune mode to fatten up the sound,
a tremelo arm effect,
and a flutter effect.  Speed control and wet dry are arranged as a dual
concentric pot.  It's
really way too much stuff shoved into one box.  I tend to use it in only
one mode per session.
The sound quality is pretty good, I can get an almost realistic 12 string
guitar type effect from
it with careful wet/dry mixing, as well as a killer bass or double bass
sound.

     Worth checking out.  New they run around $125 if you shop carefully.

        Stephen

Today I was reading a top review of the "BOSS Super Octave OC-3" in a
guitar magazine. Anyone tried it? I think that is a concept I'd like to
keep handy - simply pitching my live instrument signal down before
running it into my looping rig. When playing more melodic  music it's
good to be able to rely on instrumental chops and traditional music
theory.

I'm looking for a more common bass solution, to complement the usual
"experimental" ways to tune down loops after recording them (Repeater)
or kick into HalfSpeed (EDP).