OT: Can someone recommend a VCR with level meters and adjustable recording gain?

I have also gotten interested in the idea of bouncing audio to Hi-Fi VHS tape since it is supposed to have pretty good signal to noise ratio and might warm things up a little.  So I was hoping to find a VCR that has level meters for the audio inputs with adjustable gain controls (preferably per channel).  Does anybody have a machine like this?  What is the make and model number?  Wanna sell it?

-J