Re: EDP Undo questions

At 02:35 PM 6/23/2004, Jeff Larson wrote:
>Say I record an initial loop, then within the first playback I drop in two
>discrete overdubs.  Pressing Long-Undo should then "remove the entire
>last layer of sound added".
>
>Is the "layer" the entire loop containing both overdubs,

yes

>or
>are the overdubs removed one at a time in reverse order?

no. The layer is the whole pass. You could remove them one at a time in
this case with Short-Undo.

>Next, say I record an initial loop of 10 seconds.  On playback I start
>an Overdub at second 8 and let it continue for 4 seconds, spilling
>over into another repetition of the loop.  Now I press Long-Undo.
>
>Does the last layer contain just the second half of the overdub, or
>will it remove all 4 seconds?

Just the second half. If you do 2 long-undo's you would get both. (easier
if you use MIDI so you don't have to actually hold the button down and can
send that undo command directly.)

>If it contains only the second half, will it fade the first half of
>the overdub to prevent an audible pop?

no, in that case there would not be a crossfade. I guess it is possible
for
a pop to happen then, although usually you have some other audio going
underneath the overdub so it is not so likely to be audible.

kim