RE: EDP Footswitch acting up...or is it just me?

On another note...my EDP 'record' button- with either EFC7 (replaced
switches with heavy duty metal ones), or via midi message (Digitech PMC-10)
sometimes double triggers or doesn't trigger at all. Hey this even happens
with the front panel button sometimes. A long press doesn't do anything. A
short press doesn't stop the loop. I might have to press it 2 or 3 times,
or
a combo of footswitch/ front panel presses. I got used to the odd nature of
the record button (could both footcontrollers and the front panel switch
*both* be bad?) by not making so many rhythmic loops, but I hate having to
compromise sometimes.

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com