RE: Miels Davis loop

Oh, thanks. The main percussion is actually a cello "slap".

My live setup is a gator rack that has a capybara(kyma hardware) a mofx,
2 filter boxes, an organ module, and a behringer (blechk) mixer that
feeds everything in to everything else and back. It was impossible to
find the routing capability I want in less than 4 rackspaces so I just
went with a mixer rack.

It is way too heavy.

Too heavy.

but I can set up in 20 minutes (if someone helps me carry my stuff)

I do simple delay looping w/the mofx (very primitive) and
too-complex-for-my-own-damn-good sequencer/looper/resampler thingies in
kyma. And process them through each other, or the filters. Oh and I
bring a remote25 to control kyma and an ex5 for electric piano sounds
and whatnot and an rs7000 to act as the master timepiece. You'd think I
could scale it back but removing things is somehow more complicated than
adding.

But I swear, I can set up in 20 minutes. I've timed it. :-)

-- Sarth

Oh, but my approach is, I try to make the live electronica be
improvised, and have songs. So for each piece, there is a fixed palette
of loops and processing, and there are arrangements, but then there are
lots of things left open-ended. Some tunes are predicated on a certain
kind of processing ... ok, in this tune we have this very specific
looper that works this way, and we loop the cello and voice while you do
whatever seems fitting ... and some others are based on loops and stuff
with specific song-arrangement, and maybe the processing aspect is more
variable and contextual. Or maybe we just act like a jam band and I take
a long, selfindulgent ... I mean transformative ... solo during the
bridge. It really depends.