Live looping percussion - thoughts?

Dear Loopers,

I'm finally in the very lucky and blessed position to be playing with a
drummer who's interested in looping!  An old friend, and we're very
comfortable with each other and our approach to music.  Anyway, I set him
up
with my Repeater, a rack mixer, and an FCB1010.  We're running his dry and
looped sounds through EON10G2's (decent sound).  In a single 3 hour jam
session, we managed to amaze ourselves, and we're excited about where it
could go.

Some facts, and my issues and questions:

- he's going to keep the percussion fairly minimal, and may use some found
objects.  Hi Rick Walker!  I'm hoping I hear from you on this thread ;)
- there's still always the chance of a full drum kit being involved, so any
comments about that are welcome
- for our first jam, we just used a dynamic mic (SM57) and got some good,
loud loops... but we definitely have a sound isolation problem
- I play through a small rack, into a 2x12 tube guitar amp.  My loopers are
2 EDPs.
- we enjoyed and used the "bleed thru" of my amp into his loops a bit, but
generally, we didn't have much control over that and it can be limiting
when
you want to turn the music a new direction quickly, because my old loop is
still ambiently present in his loop

Mic/Isolation Questions:
- I suspect we need 1 or 2 hyper cardoid condenser mics to achieve maximum
isolation?
- Any recommendations on good but not-too-expensive condenser mics?
- Any other thoughts on isolation?

Repeater Questions:
- we think we're going to use "beat detect" mode, and "tempo lock".  Any
experience with this, relative to locking down a tempo so that the Repeater
isn't constantly re-calculating tempo, and instead locks down on a tempo so
that the EDP's aren't drifitng vs. the Repeater?
- any other suggestions on a smarter way for him to be able to play the
tempo he feels, lock it so that the EDP's get a steady clock, without it
being too cumbersome?

Controller Questions:
- he's using an FCB1010 on the floor to control Repeater functions.  Works
great.  We discussed the possibility of getting a drum trigger type
controller, but I've yet to see one that's reasonably priced which also
sends CC commands (as well as notes and PCs).  Any ideas?

I appreciate any and all feedback, and a big thanks in advance.  If I've
left out any critical info, just let me know.  We'll be watching this
thread
closely because we're hoping to move fast, and get into some live shows in
the next few months.

Signed,
Totally psyched to be looping with a friend in Texas!!
Doug