RE: Calexico in High and Dry film, and hand-clapping

Here's a link to a film about the Tucson music scene.  There's a trailer at
the site to watch.

 http://www.upstairsfilm.com/highanddry/about.html

Hand-clapping (I believe it's called Palmas in flamenco music) would be an
interesting looping project for one musician to build on.  I've heard some
gypsy music live, and the polyrhythms can get to be very interesting, with
several playing the Palmas.  Has anyone ever done anything with this or
flamenco?

I actually found a web site with the rhythms for Palmas laid out like drum
machine charts, with up to 5 parts.  Hey Rick, next looping tour in Spain?
Per, habla espaņol :)

http://www.flamenco-seiten.de/navigation_magazin.htm

Tom