RE: pedal steels + YES

From:   F Lebrun [mailto:fr.lebrun@free.fr]
Sent:   Friday, July 09, 2004 2:21 PM
To:     'Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com'
Subject:        RE: pedal steels + YES

hello,
as a long time (1971) YES fan, I confirm Steve Howe
has played and still plays a pedal steel guitar on stage and in the studio.
They played here in Paris on June 22nd, and it did play it (intro of Going
for the One, starting the show).
He does not use the pedals or knee levers, just slides the steel on the
strings
and he plays it standing, that is he has extanded the legs of the pedal
steel so that
it is very high and the necks are about at the height of his chest.

That pretty much what I recall of how Howe handled Pedal Steel.
I guess I will have to set myself up to do some pseudo Lap Steel (ie use my
SG as a Lap Steel) and ivestigate this a little more. Here is one of many
tuning links but, this one is more specifically Lap Steel
http://www.well.com/user/wellvis/tuning.html for any who wish to further
investigate this idea.