Re: terry riley's organ, Hammond looping

On Jul 26, 2004, at 4:43 AM, Stephen Parsick wrote:
> according to Bob Moog in an article by Freff, Riley used a Farfisa
> when "In
> According to Peter Forrest, Riley later used a Yamaha YC-45D. An
> outstanding
> organ, indeed, and most un-organish in many respects. I use a YC-30
> (the
> single manual version) for looping and processing (like Eno did, too).

so there are no precedents for actual Hammond tonewheel organ looping?

btw, the YC-45 is used by a married couple/indie rock band called Mates
Of State to great effect. she sings and plays bass/keys on the Yamaha,
and he plays drums. good show.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com