re: the good old Mac/PC question (was: looping observation)

I'd say keep the Internet connection to be able to
download updated drivers for the PC audio interface
and other software updates.

I do however agree with staying away from Internet
Explorer or Outlook.  I recommend an alternative
browser such as Mozilla Firefox (you'll need a browser
to get those software updates).

And remember to run Disk Defragmenter regularly.

Paolo