Re: kim's post, yadda yadda yadda

> At 4:31 AM -0700 8/3/04, loop.pool wrote:
> >Fry's had a deal last week on a
> >P4 1.8 mghz PC with 512 megs of RAM, a 40 gig
> harddrive and a CD/RW
> >burner/DVD player
> >for $399.
> >
> >Tell me that Macs are cheaper than PCs.

Ha - yeup with onboard sound and video - the cheapest
ram out there, slowest drive in the world - blah blah
blah - and it's probably refurbished too just like 95%
of the products at Frys. Probably a good working / net
computer but i'm sure it wouldn't handle audio or even
high tech gaming that well. This is coming from my
experience with those Frys "Deals"

My .02 on the mac/pc thing. Although I am primarily a
PC user recently I was having trouble running the demo
to Guitar Rig (which is a pretty cool product (read
toy) but not worth the $400 they want for it) - so I
decided to test it out on my girlfriend's out of the
box powerbook - man I was up an running in no time and
the low latency (which I totally wasn't expecting) on
the built in soundcard was great - 100 times more
impressive than the sblive on my PC - I think my next
computer will definatley be a mac - primarily for
Audio -