RE: Kid Beyond

Thanks for the kind words, Mark.

I've actually been an LD subscriber for about a year
(I don't post much), and recommend it highly to
folks who see my shows and express an interest
in looping. (I must admit I've been considering
unsubscribing, because all the off-topic stuff is
getting a little much for me, even in digest form.)

My setup is: Ableton Live running on a Sony Vaio,
M-Audio Firewire 410, Ground Control Pro foot
controller, talking to a little utility called MIDI
Translator (www.bome.com) that lets each button
on the GCP send multiple keystroke commands to
Live. Oh, and a microphone to sing and beatbox
into, of course.

I love Ableton Live. I'm going to upgrade from Live
3 to Live 4 soon, and I'm excited to see what I can
do with the new features. I do crave a more
hardware-looper feel along with the multitrack
flexibility that Live allows, so I'm hoping Augustus
Loop comes out for Windows soon.

The recent Mac-vs.-PC discussion is of interest to
me -- but only where Live is concerned. I want to
buy a faster laptop so I can handle more loops and
effects at once (I'm maxing out at about 12 live
tracks). I know this is a discussion more suited to
Ableton's forums, but the signal-to-noise ratio over
there is even higher than on LD. :)

So, Live users: I've heard that a good PC laptop
will trounce a good Mac laptop when running Live --
allowing you more simultaneous tracks and effects
before becoming hopelessly confused. Thoughts
on this?

I don't have any clips of my looping stuff on the
Web yet, but when I do I'll let the list know.

Peace,

Andrew Chaikin, aka Kid Beyond
andrew at bigger bread dot com

http://biggerbread.com | http://kidbeyond.com