Re: Using pre-recorded material in performance

For a while I was doing hybred dj/live loop shows where about half of
the loopage was prerecorded and triggered inside of "live" and the
other half was a keyboard looped using PSP42 vst plugin.  I got great
doing it.  Sure, it was easier in many ways... but do I want it easy?

Last night the beatboxer Kid Beyond also used backing loops triggered
in Live.  It was a really great show on ever level.  I think if your
music and performance is good, it really doesn't matter if you can get
behind it.  If you feel like a cheat doing it, you probably are.

Mark