RE: Mobius, an EDP emulator

Hello Jeff,

I find your idea really cool.
I don't have any expereinces with the EDP so I can't answer your question
but if you need a beta tester you can count me in, I'm a newbie by looping
but an experienced SW tester.
If I can give you some (personal) advices:
- Do it at your own pace. Perhaps a full exact copy of the EDP is not
needed
at the first time. Testing a restricted set of functionality for timing
would be better. Adding the functionalities (from the EDP or from other
ideas) one by one gives the advantage that the user will explore deeper
what
it has got (that's also testing) and it gives the beginner a way to learn
step by step (perhaps, someone may write tutorials). Some experienced EDP
user may also have the opportunity to correct what they don't like in the
Echoplex.
- you can perhaps contact the persons behind ambiloop (ambiloop@yahoo.com),
if I remember correctly they are using portaudio also and may help you.

> I've been focusing on the engine so the UI is very crude.  It's better
> than an LED, but not much.  Everything can be controlled with MIDI. It
> is a standalone application but I will be making it a VST.

- why a vst? If the idea behind moebius is to make a live looping tool I
don't see the need to loose DSP ressources in loading cubase or live ;-).
IMHO, a stable vst host with the possibility to include VST effects would
be
better. But there is perhaps a use I don't see.

Thanks for this wonderful idea.
CU, Ben.

Un mot doux à envoyer? Une sortie ciné à organiser? Faites le en temps
réel avec MSN Messenger! C'est gratuit!   http://ifrance.com/_reloc/m