show announce: 919noisenight#5, Raleigh NC, Thursday 19 August 2004

Listmembers Adrian and I are playing this Thursday as part of a looping
instrumental improv project we're calling metaArclight. If you're in the
area and stop by, say hello if you like.

obLoop: metaArclight will use several pieces of floor-mounted looping
gear, including a DL-4, 2 E-H 16sec delay reissues, Akai Headrush E1,
RC-20 Loopstation, and a Z-Vex Lo-Fi Loop Junky. I'd be surprised if we
are the only looping performers of the four sets this Thursday.

Also, if you're ever coming through the RTP area of NC, drop me an email
as early as possible and I'll be glad to offer advice of where to play or
help set up a show, even if it's just a house concert. Ok, on to the
actual show announcement.

----
919noise holds monthly performance nights, usually on the third Thursday
of the month. 919noisenight#5 is this Thursday, 19 August 2004, at
Bickett Gallery near Five Points in Raleigh NC.

Performances this month by:
1. Sensei: ambient guitar project by Raymond Warden.
2. SK Fun Duo: Kirk Adam & Michael Erwin (both of 7 Years in Space)
playing several Casio Sk-1 (& SKs) sampling keyboards.
3. National Holographic: Jason King and Ted Johnson (Groove Stream
Attractor and several other projects) create improvised ambient
soundscapes using samplers, synthesizers,and various effect boxes.
4. metaArclight: Adrian Likins (Phasmatodea) on softsynth game
controller and other gadgets, Anthony Staton (Soulpreacher, Subscape
Annex) on gutterals and percussion, and Steve Burnett (Subscape Annex,
Phasmatodea) on tortured electric upright bass.
Video overlay for metaArclight will be provided by Todd and Carlo.

Time: 9pm.
Cost: $5.00, $4.00 for 919noise list members.
Directions: http://www.bickettgallery.com/08contact.html

Explanations:
http://www.919noise.org/ and click "About 919noise".

best,