Re: Dimension D

Title: Dimension D
Do most of you use this as a normal loop device?  Or as a tap tempo/hold based delay?  The hold function seems alot more powerful then the rather limited sampler abilities of it, and it is far less them many of the greats in hold dleays, offering more time at a reasonable price(like the $30 USD you see them finish at on Ebay).
----- Original Message -----
From: andre
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 1:01 PM
Subject: Dimension D

Subject: Re: DOD Dimension 12
  • I have a special relation to DODs Dimension 12.This thing is odd and really not a real looper device. Nevertheless I >love this thing,because it is so basic and a little bit weird.

Of course it’s a looper. And, like any looper compared to another one, it cannot do everything another one can, and that other looper cannot do everything the D12 can do. It’s a highly usable tool.

Having tried all forms of controlling the device -(1) from front panel buttons (2) with footswitchs (3) with MIDI, i’d recommend using the TECH 21 Midi-Mouse or similar. You have instantaneous control over record/play/reverse/start loop etc.

I think this device always get’s shorted. My only complaint, in some instances, is noise.

-Andre (east coast)