RE Two of my new techniques

I agree with Per...thats what this list should be all about, tips n tricks!!

1)

> . The Sus-Guitar-Synth

//snip//

I use this alot, maybe I use a slightly larger loop tho, and play quite regular strums over the top... BUT with guitar channel MUTED, then I hammer as fast as I can on the SUS Replace button on my FCB1010, the guitar chords chop in and are only heard in the loop and slowly (when I change chord, the new chord replaces the first in little snippets...

2)

ANOTHER: (maybe I nicked this one off you Per?? Read a post from you ages ago, and I’m not sure if this is what you were talking about, but I ended up with this... its a GOODIE!)

For those Repeater AND EDP owners: Program your foot controller with the following pedals. 1st pedal record on BOTH edp AND repeater (using note for edp and prog ch for the repeater) 2nd pedal record for the EDP and DELETE for the Repeater (this will be your ERASE both machines one one foot press button... you need it, remember to HOLD DOWN pedal for EDP long press) and 3rd Overdub on the EDP and Record on the Repeater (Over dub IS the record button on the Repeater.

Now... depending on how you are synching them together,and your setting for 8ths notes, you can record a phrase and the edp will loop it AS normal, but the Repeater will loop it TWICE as slow, or 4 times as slow.. Now its tricky, and weird, so I wouldn’t suggest the technique in church with your Christian Rock band, but... on glitch nite at the Klinker (London), Blå (Oslo), Off-Site (Tokyo), or Knitting Factory..(NYC..still there???) it should go down a storm!

3)

And Now a daring one, not for the faint hearted, or someone with expensive speakers, can be risky.. cos it involves making a feedback loop (we like them don’t we?) between the edp AND the repeater...

1.Make initial LONG loop on both loopers, (with loopers synched together) pitch the repeater tracks up (or down if your angry)AND TRACK SLIP the repeater a few bars, THEN, send the EDP to the Repeater and the repeater to the EDP, and hit overdub on both... start playing.. and wait for your playing to cross to the repeater, loop delayed and pitched, transfer itself to the edp, and back again, pitch up again.. and on we go, higher higher higher, till your wings melt and you have to DO SOMETHING .. ANYTHING!!! STOP/UNDO/REPLACE on BOTH machines!!

My use of this also involves a Filter Factory, that filters the Repeater sound before it comes back to the EDP and I end up with a “High in pitch high in tone” angelic ethereal cloud hovering above the music... but it can just as easily become a chainsaw fight in a Cess Pit, in other words, a right mess!

Enjoy, and mind yer Genelecs!!

Mark

www.markfrancombe.com