Re: offtopicalia!

On Aug 25, 2004, at 13:08, Don Makoviney wrote:
> I too like Lenny Kravitz.

(snipping referred posts to save some bandwidth)

I like his stuff too - both the music and the image/styling/posing. As
long as you know that he borrowed most of it from Hendrix you don't
need to have a problem with THAT. First time I heard Kravitz I remember
thinking "Wow, at last someone that bothers to re-do the Jimi thing and
cares to do it well". All music doesn't have to be 100 percent original
IMHO, especially in a style that is as much about attitude as about
moving air. Of course Hendrix borrowed a lot from John Lee Hooker and
others (remember my chock when I find out about that, hearing my first
Hooker record) but he took it to a different level by using that guitar
sound and blues feel  in a pop song context (as Kravitz picked up).

All the best

Per Boysen
---
http://www.boysen.se