Re: Stage shoes (was RE: EDP pedals)

I recently read a short blurb online from Brian Eno about an incident that occured during the recording sessions for the new disc he did with Fripp(The Equatorial Stars)  where he tapped up via footswitch an incorrect sampling rate for the recorder to utilize which proved unusable after 2 plus hours of incredible performance being shoved into it by he and Fripp. He stated that this error was due to new footwear he had recently purchased.As to the EDP pedal, it remains the weakest aspect of the product, while being the most economical and practical to produce during all the many phases of it's manufacture. Practical alternatives for this stock controller have been well documented on this list, as well as other conjectures of foot controllers for other loop devices.Perhaps toe shoes will prove the answer. I use a JamMan which makes the possibility of my drunken foot erasing all the current loops quite real and keeps the spirit of looping as containing an element of hazard,quite alive when coupled with no "undo" function to boot.But smart and sober people with small feet should have no difficulty.Perhaps there could be a "Training" game not unlike Twister where you have to spin a dial to determine a command to enter via your EDP pedal so you can practice in a fun way......

                                                      bryan helm