From: loop.pool [mailto:looppool@cruzio.com]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 11:05 AM
To: LOOPERS DELIGHT (posting)
Subject: decent drum machine software

I have been programming drum machines since the Roland CR-78 came on the
market (in the 70's); both hardware and software and I can say after trying
to sample most things on the market that FLStudio Producers Edition ($149
at
www.flstudio.com in Vsti and Dxi) is the very best drum machine I have ever
experienced, hands down!

It used to be called Fruity Loops Pro but the upgrades they have
continually
made to it make it a much more sophisticated writing machine than it used
be in that previous incarnation (in case anyone tried it two or three years
ago).

It's extremely intuitive and simple for a beginner to use but it has a lot
of layers and I'm still discovering hip things inside of it for
composition.

It is basically set up on a grid visual system,   like the early Roland
Drum

machines, which I find to be the easiest way to program, but every single
note that you program has a lot of drop down menus that allow one to
radically change the sound of the each sample you use (non destructively, I
might add) and each note you program.

You may use any .wav files on your computer as your sources of sound.

You can import or export midi files,  .wav files or .mp3 files of your
programs.

One can also use Vst soft synths and you can import really long audio files
that you can loop as well.

I can't say enough about this software.  IMHO I think it is the best buy
for
the price in the entire synth market.

It's only drawback is that it is not ported to the Max OS.

My next CD will be 90% created in FLStudio.     I am also NOT an endorsee
of

this product officially......just a fanatic fan.
You can also try the Fruity Loops tribe at www.tribe.net to connect with
other enthusiastic and very knowledgeable users.

Try it.  you'll like it.

Rick Walker
www.looppool.info